Why buy Thousand Island Dressing when you can whip it up in just a few minutes? When I serve the Fightin’ Irish Balls as an appetizer this is the sauce that I pair with them.
- 2 Teaspoons Caraway Seeds
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- ⅓ Cup Ketchup
- ⅓ Cup Chopped Sweet gerkin Pickle
- ⅓ Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoons of Salt or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Place the caraway seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 4 minutes, until fragrant.
- Place the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, milk, salt, and caraway seeds in a medium bowl and whisk until completely combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning , if desired.