I have been making this dip forever. It didn’t have a name until my Son-in-Law declared it to be The Ultimate Taco Dip. I have to agree with him. This may be the most requested party dish I have. The grandchildren love it as much as the guys. It is the thing that I take to just about any football party and come home with a clean dish. Isn’t that the best?
It’s one of those things I make from memory. I can recite the ingredients off the top of my head: A pound of ground beef (or Turkey), 2 16 oz bottles of taco sauce, 1 cup of refried beans, 1 or 2 small cans of diced green chilis and a pound of Velveeta.
Now that I am older and know better, I don’t cook with processed foods but Velveeta. It’s one of those things I can’t live without. This dip is a prime example. Mac & Cheese is not the same without it. I could go on and on but Velveeta is the secret weapon that makes this dish so good!
This is a dip that is best served warm. it gets a bit gummy and unappetizing if allowed to cool. I have a Terra cotta Hot Dip Server I use for this dish but you could use a small chafing dish – whatever works best for you.
- I Lb of Ground beef (or Ground Turkey)
- 2 16 oz Bottles of Taco Sauce,
- 1 Cup of Refried Beans
- 1 or 2 Small Cans of Diced Green Chilis
- 1 Lb of Velveeta Cheese
- Brown the ground beef or turkey in a 12" Skillet. When the beef is browned drain the fat, then add the taco sauce, refried beans and diced green chilis. Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir to incorporate the beans. Cube the block of velveeta cheese and add them into the simmering mixture stirring constantly until incorporated.
- Serve the dip warm with tortilla chips
I knew this was the perfect dish to add to the Sunday Supper Easy Football Food Ideas for Game Day Event. It is the one dip that my family loves to have again and again. Now that football season is gearing up come and find inspiration with all of the Sunday Supper favorites:
I would like to give a big shout out to our host: Coleen of The Redhead Baker and all of the SundaySupper admins for their efforts to make this event happen!
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.