It’s here! The amazing produce we wait all year for. My garden is full yet I can’t help myself from buying more at the Farmers Markets. I let my imagination run wild and create new recipes. Todays project was one to write home about: Roasted Corn and Tomato Bruschetta.
This dish combines everything I love about the summer: fresh in season ingredients, a gorgeous slab of bread, cheese and olive oil. It is so simple yet sooo good.
Every year I have a surplus of tomatoes and I roast them with garlic and herbs, whiz them into a sauce and freeze it. This is our go to pizza and pasta sauce that gets us through the winter. Usually I make my bruschetta out of fresh tomatoes but this time I couldn’t resist the tray of freshly roasted tomatoes and garlic cooling on the counter.
I mixed some chopped basil and olive oil into the ricotta cheese to loosen it up grilled the bread and corn to add to the tomatoes.
This is technically an appetizer but I happily ate it for dinner. Maybe that’s what I’ll have again tonight!
- In a small bowl mix the ricotta cheese with 1 tablespoon of chopped basil and a tablespoon of olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Light a gas or charcoal grill and once it heats up bush the corn and with the olive oil and roast on the grill for 10- 15 minutes until the corn is done and it has a few blackened spots on it. Remove the corn from the grill and let it cool. Slice the kernels form the corn and mix it with the roasted tomatoes and one tablespoon of the chopped basil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add a few drops of olive oil if the mixture seems dry.
- Brush the bread with the olive oil and grill it for 2 minutes per side until it is toasted and golden brown. Remove from the heat and spread one side of the toasted bread with a roasted garlic clove. Divide the ricotta mixture between the four slices and top with the roasted corn and tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of chopped basil and serve immediately.
Looking for more recipes with sweet corn? Check out all of the Sunday Supper favorites:
Special Thanks to our amazing host Ellen Folkman from Family Around the Table!
- Bacon and Corn Chowder by Latin Meet Lagniappe
- Cajun Baked Shrimp and Corn Dip by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Corn Tomato Tartlets by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Grilled Corn Dip by Helpful Homemade
- Crab & Jalapeno Hush Puppies by Simply Healthy Family
- Grilled Corn Salsa by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Indian Cheese Corn Toast: Popular Vegetarian Recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Bruschetta by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Masa Harina Pancakes by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Corn Ravioli Caprese Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Griled Corn and Avocado Salad by Garden Matter
- Grilled Tri Tip and Roasted Corn Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Corn, Edamame & Avocado Salad by Food Done Light
- Summer Vegetable Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Black Bean Corn Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornbread Waffles with Pulled Pork by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Corn Fettuccine by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fresh Corn Polenta with Summer Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta with Creamy Corn Sauce and Summer Vegetables by Delaware Girl Eats
- Polenta Stuffed Peppers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shrimp Corn Chowder by Feeding Big and More
- A-maize-ing Maple Cornbread by Family Around The Table
- Blueberry and Corn Skillet Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Pudding by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Corn Pudding with Jalapenos and Chiles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Addictive Corn by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Galey iyo Qumbo (Somali Corn in Coconut Sauce) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Honey Cornbread Muffins by Life Tastes Good
- Mealie Bread (South African Sweetcorn Bread) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Peruvian Grilled Street Corn by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Corn with Bacon by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Skillet Fried Corn by New South Charm
- Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Blackberry Cornbread Buckle by Pies and Plots
- Brazilian Corn Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Cornmeal Budino with Blueberry Marmellata by Cooking With Carlee
- Mais Con Hielo-Corn on Ice by Asian In America
- Margarita Popcorn by The Redhead Baker
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Baking Sense
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.