I know, you’re looking at this and thinking “What is Peach Willy?” This is a recipe that has been in our family since I can remember. When I saw the Sunday Supper Forum I knew what I would be making.I have to admit that I haven’t made this in years. When I pulled out the recipe I shocked to see the dough was made out of Bisquick (yep, you read that right). In my horror I called my Mom (who is my go to expert for baking) and asked if I was reading this correctly. She assured me it was and it would be really good, we used to make it all the time.How this recipe got it’s name is beyond me. It’s made up of biscuit dough rolled out into a rectangle, coated with brown sugar and peaches then rolled like a jelly roll. Slice the roll, arrange in a pie plate then top with a brown sugar syrup and any fruit that might have escaped. Bake this, then sprinkle with a mix of brown and white sugars for a glossy sheen. It is truly amazing.I set about making this for a friends birthday celebration. I was pleasantly surprised, it was just as good as I remembered – even better.
- 21/4 Cups of Bisquick Baking Mix
- ⅔ Cup of Milk
- 2 Pounds of Peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2½ Cups of Brown Sugar, divided use
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter, cut into pieces
- ½ Cup of Water
- ½ Cup of White Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a pie plate, then set aside.
- Combine the Bisquick Baking Mix with the milk to make the dough, on a floured board roll the dough out into a rectangle. Sprinkle 1 Cup of the brown sugar over the dough, then top with the butter. Spoon ½ of the peaches over the dough. Roll the dough like a jelly roll, keeping as many of the peaches inside as possible. Slice the roll into rounds and place into a buttered the pie plate. tuck the remaining peaches into the pan between the rounds.
- Dissolve 1 cup of brown sugar and ½ cup of water in a saucepan.
- Place the Peach Willy in the over for 10 - 15 minutes until the top begins to brown. Remove from the oven and pour the brown sugar syrup over the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes more as needed.
- Combine ½ cup of brown sugar and ½ cup of white sugar together and sprinkle over the Peach Willy once it comes out of the oven.
- Serve warm or cool topped with sliced peaches and ice cream.
Here are all of the recipes my colleagues submitted for the Sunday Supper event:
Special thanks to Sue Lau of A Palatable Pastime for hositing us – You’re the best!!!!
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement