I guarantee when you make these cookies they will be an instant favorite, even with the non coffee lovers you know. I have learned to brown my butter and it intensifies the flavor in just about any cookie I bake. For instructions on how to brown butter Panna just released an amazing video of Nancy Silverton demonstrating this. Once you learn the technique, it’s simple, just don’t let the butter burn. The dried cherries add a wonderful flavor but I mix it up, sometimes adding the cherries after I’ve rolled out half of the cookies.
I roll out the cookies and freeze the, on a cookie sheet so I can bake them when I want to. They are addicting warm with a cup of coffee – or anytime really. I have to say this is the best cookie I have ever made.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons of instant Espresso Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ Cup of White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup of Brown Butter, Melted*
- 2 Eggs,
- 1 ½ Teaspoons of Vanilla Bean Paste (or Vanilla Extract)
- ¾ to 1 Pound Dark chocolate, chopped or chips
- 1 to 1 ½ cup of Dried Sweet Cherries (optional)
- Combine the flour, espresso powder, baking soda and salt in a large measuring cup (I use a 4 cup Pyrex), whisk together.
- Place the sugars in a mixing bowl, using a mixer pour in the melted butter to combine then add the eggs and vanilla paste. Mix until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 1 – 2 minutes. With the mixer on a low setting add the dry ingredients a bit at a time, until incorporated. Take care not to over mix. Remove the mixer, cleaning the beaters, the stir in the chocolate chunks and cherries if using.
- Using a baking sheet lined with parchment paper roll out the cookies using a heaped tablespoon. Place them on the cookie sheet spaced 2”apart and bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or so until the center is done. The cookies will be soft to the touch.
- Cool the cookies on a cooling rack and store in an airtight container, if you have any left.
*A couple sticks of butter is also good but the flavor will not be as intense
Join us for a #Cookielicious chat at 7 p.m. ET Tuesday, Dec. 1st
Check out what the rest of my Sunday Supper friends are bringing to the party!
- Adaptable Marshmallow Bars by Get the Good Stuff
- Alfajores by Curious Cuisiniere
- Amaretto Apricot Oatmeal Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Amaretto Balls by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Eyed Susans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chewy Gingersnaps by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate – Pear Biscotti by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee Cake Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Cowboy Cookies by Party Food and Entertaining
- Cranberry Orange Rugelach Cookies by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Mint Cake Mix Cookies by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Chocolate-Covered Peppermint Cookies by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Espresso-Ginger Sandwich Cookies by Wholistic Woman
- Espresso Snickerdoodles by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Gingerbread Snowflakes by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Ginger Spice Cookies with Chocolate Frosting by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Hazelnut Truffle Cookies by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten Free Nutella Stuffed Linzer Cookies by Fearless Dining
- Green Tea Macarons with Chocolate Ganache by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Holiday Nutrolls by Delaware Girl Eats
- Italian Almond and Orange Cookies by Peaceful Cooking
- Kolaczki by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Krayl’s Ugly Sweater Party Sugar Cookies by An Appealing Plan
- Lemon Thumbprint Cookies by Cookin’ Mimi
- Macadamia Nut Butter Crisps by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mincemeat Cut-outs by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mocha chocolate Chip cookies by Monica’s Table
- Mudslide Cookies by Books ‘n Cooks
- Nana’s Russian Teacakes byThe Crumby Cupcake
- Old Fashioned Lemon Sugar Cookies with Lemon Icing by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Peppermint Marshmallow Cookies by Brunch with Joy
- Pfeffernüsse by Feeding Big
- Pistachio oatmeal cookies by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pizzelles by The Freshman Cook
- Pride of Iowa Cookies by From Gate to Plate
- Snowball Cookies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Spiked Eggnog Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Thai-Kissed Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Tipsy Chocolate Cherry Cookies by Christmas Tree Lane
- Toffee Squares by Ruffles & Truffles
- White Chocolate Dipped Gingersnaps by Sunday Supper