2017 is here and I’m ready! My goals are simple – eat well, get into shape and be healthy. One of the first, and most uncomfortable things I did was have surgery to fix a deviated septum and open my sinuses. Our well being is tied to getting a good nights sleep and a deviated septum was not allowing me the sleep I needed to recharge.
It was a challenge to eat well during the recovery period. I don’t know about you but when I’m sick food is the last thing on my mind. Especially when we have a cold, the flu or like me, having nasal/sinus work done you can’t even taste what you’re eating. We crave food that is soft and comforting. I made a pot of chicken soup but you can only eat so much of one thing.
As hard as he tries, Steve isn’t really cut out to be a caretaker. He is very sweet and attentive but his form of comfort food is a hot dog – that is not what I need. Luckily, with friends that kept me fortified with soups and a refrigerator stocked with a variety of Nourish Bowls it was a breeze to eat well.
With the Nourish Bowls I knew I could have a nourishing meal with sufficient protein to allow my body to heal. One of the things I’m finding in my quest to be healthy is ensuring I have sufficient protein, as it allows my body to bounce back faster from illness, injury or a strenuous workout. The other is to eat every four hours. That is a tough one for me and I found that snacks are easy by mixing up a Nourish Bowl and eating half and saving the other half for later. It has changed the way I eat for the better – even now, when I don’t feel like eating. It’s important to keep up my strength to heal.
Nourish Bowls are great because I can zap them in the microwave* for 3 – 4 minutes and I have a meal ready. I tend to practice a flexitarian diet so Nourish Bowls provide vegetarian source for sufficient protein complete with veggies, grains, along with a flavorful (and heathy) sauce. For breakfast I like to top the bowl with an egg, for lunch and a snack I enjoy a bowl without any additions, for dinner I serve it with some chicken, beef, or whatever, enhancing their appeal to my meat-eating husband.
*If you don’t like the microwave sauté the veggies in a pan with a bit of oil them mix in the grain and flavor packets and heat until warm.
Tune in to the Sunday Supper Facebook Live event tonight at 4PM EST. Isabel, the Family Foodie, will be making one of her famous breakfast bowls using Nourish Bowls and hosting a giveaway! To enter the giveaway make a comment during the live video and at the end a winner will be selected from the comment section. CLICK HERE to tune into the Sunday Supper Facebook Page!!!!
Last night Steve had a meeting and even though I wasn’t in the mood to eat I made one of the Nourish Bowls and curled up in front of Netflix. Before I knew it I had eaten the whole thing. I’m on the mend now but I learned to keep a stock of Nourish Bowls in the fridge to help me on my quest to eat well.
Looking for additional inspiration? Come and visit my Sunday Supper Colleagues for ideas, recipes and more!
- Cooking for One with Mann’s Nourish Bowls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Easiest Southwest Chipotle Tacos by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Easy Curry Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Egg by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Gluten Free Family Dinner with Nourish Bowls by Cricket’s Confections
- Healthy Dinner Solutions for the Late-Shift by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Eating on the Go by Wholistic Woman
- How to Eat Like a Foodie and Stay Healthy by Go Epicurista
- How to Eat Well When You Don’t Feel Up To It by Monica’s Table
- How to Fit Veggies into a Jam-Packed Week with Nourish Bowls by Casa de Crews
- How To Prepare Fresh Healthy Meals In A Snap by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Keeping Fit with a Pesky Sweet Tooth by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monterey Risotto Enchiladas by Moore or Less Cooking
- Nourishing a Healthy Soul by Family Foodie
- Olive Oil-Poached Salmon Over Cauli-Rice Curry by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sesame Sriracha Bowl with Kimchi Tofu by kimchi MOM
- Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp by Cooking Chat
- Smokehouse Steak Quiche by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Southwest Chipotle Tuna Bowls with Pico De Gallo by Simple and Savory
- Southwest Chipotle Grilled Chicken Bowl by The Chef Next Door
- Southwest Chipotle Pulled Pork Naan Bread Pizza by The Freshman Cook
Plus meet Gina Nucci, aka Gina Broccolini, one of the third generation family owners of Mann Packing – the creators of Nourish Bowls – in a Sunday Supper Movement Interview
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
I am grateful to Mann’s Nourish Bowls who provided all products used for the creation of this post. Compensation was provided by Mann’s Nourish Bowls in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. I’m a devoted to Mann’s Nourish Bowls but any opinions or findings you read here are solely my own.
As always, I am most grateful for you, my community and will always do my best to serve you in introducing products that you will find the most useful, amazing, helpful, to keep you sane in the kitchen, at home and on the streets.