I am so grateful to find Norm’s Farms Elderberry products. This Elderberry-Ginger Syrup has become one of my go to immune boosters. There are so many uses for this syrup. Some of my favorite recipes are:
Hot Tea: add 1/4 Cup of Elderberry-Ginger syrup to 4 oz hot water and a slice of lemon.
Elderberry-Ginger Sparkler: Pour 1/4 Cup of Elderberry-Ginger syrup into a glass of ice, fill with sparkling water, stir, and garnish with a lemon slice (if you add a shot of Vodka, I’ll never tell).
Elderberry-Ginger Mimosa: Add 1-2 Tablespoons of the Elderberry-Ginger syrup to a glass of champagne, stir
- 4 Cups of Water
- 4 Tablespoons of Honey, plus more to taste*
- 1 - 2 - 3" Knob of fresh Ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 Lemons, Washed and Sliced
- ⅓ Cup of Elderberry Extract
- In a saucepan and bring the water and honey to a simmer until the honey is dissolved. Add the sliced ginger and lemon, turn off the heat and let the mixture seep in the saucepan until it cools to room temperature.
- Strain the mixture into a quart jar and refrigerate. The syrup will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.