You might be scratching your head at this recipe – Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey – I know it doesn’t sound spectacular, especially if you’ve never sampled truffle honey. I urge you to try it. make it earlier in the day, sauté the dates, drizzle with honey and you have an amazing appetizer people will talk about for ages!
This recipe comes from a local wine bar. I almost passed it up on the menu but I was so intrigued by the truffle honey. The chef was so gracious, he came out and explained how to make it and even sent us home a jar of his homemade truffle honey. I had no idea what a gift that was until the wine bar closed and I had to search out another source. Never fear, if you don’t have a source for truffle honey you can use the plain version but the truffle lends a touch of elegance.
This is one of our favorite appetizers. It’s always a hit – even if people think they don’t like dates. There is something magical in the combination and I urge you to try it.
Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey
This recipe comes from one of our favorite wine bars. I almost passed it up on the menu but I was so intrigued by the truffle honey. This has become one of our all time favorite appetizers. It can even be served as a first course. This is always a hit - even if people think they don't like dates. There is something magical in the combination and I urge you to try it.
- 12 Medjool Dates
- 3 oz Goat Cheese
- 3 oz Prosciutto
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 oz Truffle Honey for drizzling
If the dates contain pits, slit them lengthwise and pop out the pit with a knife. Stuff each date with about 1/2 - 1 Teaspoon of goat cheese making sure you can close the date around the cheese. Divide the prosciutto lengthwise and wrap each date with a strip of the prosciutto then secure with a tooth pick.
Film a skillet with the olive oil and heat over a medium flame. Add a few of the wrapped dates and sauté to crisp the prosciutto and heat the date and melt the goat cheese. Remove the dates to a plate and hold them in a warmed oven.
When all of the dates are crisped, remove the plate from the oven and drizzle with the truffle honey. Serve immediately.
Looking for amazing appetizers? See below for all of the Sunday Supper Tastemakers favorites:
Many thanks to the amazing Wendy from Wholistic Woman for hosting todays event
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by SundaySupper
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Pork Dumplings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Gluten Free Champagne Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.