What do you think of when you dream of a Culinary Tour of the Amalfi Coast? I know – it’s the food, isn’t it? We travel to experience Italian Culture and that happens at the table.
This is the dream trip you’ve been promising yourself. Don’t wait another year – let’s go!
Learn more about the Culinary Trip to The Amalfi Coast here
I have such fun when I travel to Italy. The food, the table and the experience is unforgettable. Even if you don’t cook I guarantee these lessons will be the highlight of your trip. Click below and I’ll tell you a bit about it:
This is the first dish I learned to make with Salvatore and Marilu, my Italian friends. At their restaurant Il Ritrovo, which sits on a hillside overlooking the Amalfi Coast. This dish is the one for me – it’s the first thing I eat when I arrive for my annual visit. Even in the depths of winter I can close my eyes and remember the sight, smell and feel of this pasta. Is it my favorite? Hard to say but I will never tire of it.
- 2 Tablespoons +/- Olive Oil
- 1 Generous Spoon full of Garlic*, or to taste
- Salt, Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- Chopped Parsley, to taste
- Chopped Basil, to taste
- 1 large Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- A ladleful or so of Pasta Cooking Water
- Parmesan Cheese, to taste
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat on top of the stove. Drizzle Oil around the edge of the pan. Add the garlic, salt, pepper and a pinch of the red pepper flakes, sauté for a few moments and add the chopped parsley and basil. Cook for a moment and add the cherry tomatoes. Sauté for 5 minutes, crushing the tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta of your choice to al dente in a large pot of salted water. Add, drained pasta to the cherry tomato sauce along with a ladle full of the pasta cooking water. Simmer together for 5 minutes and serve with parmesan cheese and garnish with additional chopped basil.
- * We marinate chopped garlic in olive oil to soften the flavor. Chop a few cloves of garlic, place in a small container and cover with olive oil. This will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.