I love the flavors in this dish. The brightness of the lemon contrasts sharply with the briny capers creating a bold flavor.
- 1 lb of Chicken Cutlets, four pieces pounded flat
- 1/3 cup of Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb Linguini
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1/3 Cup of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, Plus and extra lemon just in case
- 1 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup of White Wine
- 3 - 4 Tablespoons of capers, rinsed
- Lemon Wedges, minced Parsley and parmesan cheese for garnish
- Pout the flour into a bowl or a pan large enough to dredge the chicken. Season with Salt and pepper, them mix well. Dredge the Chicken in the flour, shake off the excess and set aside for a moment.
- Put a large pasta pot on the stove, fill with at least 4 quarts of water, salt liberally and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta, reduce heat and boil 5 minutes. The pasta will be underdone, trust me here. you'll use it later.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet add the olive oil and melt the butter. When the butter foams, add the chicken pieces. Do this in batches of two if necessary. Brown the chicken, 2 -3 minutes on each side and then transfer to a foil lined baking sheet and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the shallot to the pan, sauté for 2-3 minutes until they turn translucent. Add the chicken stock, wine and 1/3 cup of the lemon juice and simmer to reduce slightly, about 2-3 minutes. Add the capers and whisk to combine.
- Transfer 3/4 cup of the pan sauce to a measuring cup and set aside. Add the pasta to the skillet mix well and simmer until the pasta is al dente, adding the pasta water if it gets too dry.
- Divide the pasta between four plates and serve for a first course or set aside to finish the chicken.
- To finish the Chicken: Add the reserved sauce back to the pan, warm it over medium heat. Adjust the seasoning adding salt, pepper or additional lemon juice to your taste.
- Uncover the chicken, warm in the sauce if necessary, place the chicken on the pasta or on a plate, spoon the sauce over and serve with a green vegetable.