For the moment this combination is my current favorite. I love the fresh sweetness of the carrot and apple with the zing of ginger. Adding the optional Vanilla Protein Powder gives it a power boost, plus it makes the Smoothie tastes like a zingy creamsicle. Feel free to play with it and come up with the combination that works for you.
- 5 Medium Carrots (about 1/2 lb.), washed, peeled, trimmed and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of Ginger, Peeled and chopped
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, washed, cored and chopped
- 1 Cup of Ice
- 1 - 1 1/2 Cup of Water, Milk, Nut Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1-2 Scoops of Vanilla Protein Powder (optional)
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on each smoothie
- Place all ingredients except for the cinnamon in a blender.
- Blend according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass(es) and sprinkle with cinnamon.
I like to chop and prep the carrots, ginger and apple then freeze them in a ziploc bag. Just pull it form the freezer, break up the lumps as best as you can and toss into the blender with the remaining ingredients.