I’m a huge fan of cabbage salads, especially this cabbage and feta salad with a mediterranean vinaigrette. It’s perfect for a picnic – the cabbage softens in the dressing and doesn’t wilt and the vinaigrette holds up in a buffet much better than mayonnaise.
Cabbage and Feta Salad with a Mediterranean Vinaigrette
This is one of my go to summer salads.
- 2 Cups Green Cabbage shredded
- 2 Cups Cups Red Cabbage shredded
- 2 Carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 1/2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 1 Tbsp Mix of fresh thyme and oregano finly chopped
Place the shredded cabbages and carrots in a large mixing bowl. Toss well to mix.
In a small container whisk the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and olive oil together. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss the vinaigrette with the vegetables. Set aside up to 4 hours at room temperature.
Before serving toss in the Feta Cheese and Chopped herbs.