Isn’t it wonderful to take a few moments in the morning for yourself? The mornings are so still and I love sitting outside when the weather allows to prepare myself for the day. I take a few minutes to read the paper, make a to do list for the day and savor the still mornings. Now I’ve added something new to the mix – Bulletproof Coffee made my way.When I first tried it I sailed through the day, I wasn’t hungry for lunch and I had no afternoon slump. That is unbelievable – I always looked forward to lunch but with this I didn’t even think about food. If you don’t like coffee, no problem, make this with chi tea, green tea or another favorite warm beverage but do try it.I had heard of Bulletproof Coffee but the thought of drinking butter and coconut oil in my coffee was less than appealing – until I tried it. It is amazing how good this coffee is. I read an article about Coconut Oil, how beneficial it is for health and started to think of ways to get more of it in my diet. Voilà – Bulletproof coffee became my hero. Many mornings I drink this with out the butter. I like butter – don’t get me wrong but it is a bit rich for me. The butter part is a bit tricky. It must be a grassfed butter. Unsalted Kerrygold butter is the favorite of most Bulletproof fans I know. You can identify it by the silver wrapping. The gold wrapping is salted – not a great option. Salt and coffee are not something that go together.There is a secret to making bulletproof coffee, you must have a blender, frother or something to combine the elements and prevent that oil slick that can result. Properly blended ingredients produce unbelievable results. Try it I promise it will do wonders for you!There are steps to making Bulletproof Coffee. I keep small amounts of butter and coconut oils in separate containers so I can melt them easily. I find the process is much easier when they are in liquid form. Now mix the coffee, tea or beverage of choice with the butter and oil in a blender pre heated in hot water, milk frother (I loooove my Nespresso Aeroccino) or hand blender and go to town until the liquid is frothy. I like to add a touch of unsweetened almond milk or milk to the mix just for tradition.
It’s a delicious mixture – really. I know your looking at me a but funny but it’s really good!!!
- 1 cup (8 oz or so) of coffee
- Add in 1-2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- Add 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter like Kerrygold Silver
- Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it is frothy like a foamy latte
Take a look at all of the #SundaySupper Tastemakers Coffee Recipes:
Special thanks to Wendy Hammond from Wholistic Woman for hosting this event!!!!
- Bulletproof Coffee My Way by Monica’s Table
- Caramel Turtle Mocha Frappe by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Latte by Meal Planning Magic
- Apple Crumb Coffee Cake by Dessert Geek
- Banana Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Cappuccino Overnight Oats by Pies and Plots
- Cardamom-Crumb Coffee Cake by Wholistic Woman
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake (Kaffee Kuchen) by Palatable Pastime
- Coconut & Coffee Gluten Free Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coffee and Cream Cinnamon Buns by Cooking With Carlee
- Maple-Coffee Breakfast Sausage by Cricket’s Confections
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Breakfast Bites by Beauty and the Beets
- Whole Wheat Pecan Crumb Cake by Family Around The Table
- Best Coffee Frosting by My World Simplified
- Bittersweet Cremeux with Coffee Caramel and Bourbon Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Coffee Nut Bark by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Coffee Toffee Crunch Cookies by Family Foodie
- Coffee Vanilla Ice Cream Pie by Moore or Less Cooking
- Cold Brew Affogato by Helpful Homemade
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Torte with Strawberry Coulis by Gourmet Everyday
- Eiskaffee (German Coffee with Ice Cream) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Espresso Brownie Cupcake Sundaes by A Mind Full Mom
- Mocha Cake with Mocha Rum Icing by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mocha Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mocha Panna Cotta with Mascarpone Cream by The Crumby Cupcake
- NCR Cookies by Girl Abroad
- No Bake Mocha Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Polish Black Cake with Whipped Mocha frosting by Hardly A Goddess
- Sweet Cream Affogato by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee and Garlic Rubbed Pork Chops by Casa de Crews
- Java Dry Spice Rub Chops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Salmon-Mandarin Salad with Asian Vinaigrette & Coffee Dressing by Asian In America
- Sticky Coffee Chicken by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Molasses Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Coffee Baked Beans by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Rich and foamy—sounds lovely to me, Monica!!!
I am so intrigued by this coffee recipe. I am not a huge fan of butter either, but I am excited to check this out. I would love that boost in energy.
I’ve heard of drinking coffee with butter but I’ve never tried it. I need to change this stat!
Let me know what you think!
I have heard about bulletproof coffee, but never tried it. Now I HAVE to do it!
I am looking at you funny! I have never heard about this before. I am not sure I will like it, but I trust you and so I will. I love butter, so perhaps this will be a new treat for me!
I do love it – in moderation. The butter is rich but it is a treat.
I’m not a coffee drinker, but I could start if it meant I could sit in your garden each morning. Please.
Come on over…
I’ve tried Bullet Coffee before. It takes a little getting use to, but is really good for you when you use organic butter and coconut oil.
lol Forgot the *Proof* up there. 😀
THanks for sharing! I’ve tried coconut oil in my coffee but have been wanting to try “bulletproof coffee”!!!
I love my morning coffee! This is an very interesting take on coffee. I am not sure about it 🙂 But since you like it, I just might give it a try.