This recipe is straight from Thomas Kellers Bouchon Cookbook except I have omitted the duck confit. Don’t get me wrong, we love it with the duck but it compliments so many other dishes it is great on it’s own!
Brussels Sprouts with Mustard Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons of Butter
- 16 Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme leaves
- 12 cloves garlic confit (or about half as many fresh oneor use roasted garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche or Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoon minced chives
Steam the Brussels sprouts in the microwave on high for 4 minutes, until crisp tender, or steam them on the stove. Set aside.
Melt 2 teaspoons butter to a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shallots, thyme, and garlic confit. Sweat the shallots for a minute, then add the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, and simmer for 2 minutes. Whisk in the mustard and creme fraiche. Add the Brussels sprouts, and simmer until the sprouts are warmed through, and the sauce has reduced to coat them. Remove from the heat and stir in the chives. Serve and enjoy.